1.Name a tender song that can almost make you cry. There are some old ballads – particularly one that I think is called “Jack of Diamonds”
- What is your favorite shade of lipstick? What about nail polish? If you do not wear lipstick or polish, what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?
I don’t wear lipstick, but I like either red or purple polish on my toes, preferably with sparkles. I like a really unobtrusive polish on my fingers, not quite clear, but close.
- Name a children’s nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words. I have grandchildren. I know the words to all the frigging nursery rhymes. I like Farmer in the Dell and Old McDonald. I guess.
- What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed? Something in which you think you look pretty damn good! A flowing purple top and capri leggings with sandals with a bit of a heel.
- If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?Definitely ocean. I’m close to that now!
- If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a “thing” for? If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you. Hmmmm, between John and Paul. (I am that old.)
- Name a smell that you love – could be kitchen, outdoors, person, your choice. I love the smell of vanilla, coffee brewing, and hyacinths.
- How often do you defuzz your legs. Wax, razor, or electric? I epilady and have for years. You don’t have to do that very often and over time you have less hair. And really, I mainly do it if I’m going to be physically intimate with someone, which is not happening these days.
- How/why did you choose your blog name? I don’t know. I guess because it was supposed to be about me rather than me in relationship to anyone else.
- What do you like to eat for breakfast? To drink? Coffee or tea? I don’t usually eat breakfast, but I’ll have brunch about 11, usually two eggs sunny side up and a light multi-grain english muffin. I definitely drink coffee, strong, but adding enough milk that it’s really cafe au lait.
- How many siblings do you have? Or are you an only child? Are you the oldest, a middle, or the youngest child? One sibling, she’s 4 years younger. One older half-sister who I’ve never met. Two younger half-sibs, one brother, one sister, who I’ve had slight, sporadic contact with.
- What is your favorite salad dressing? Raspberry Pecan or blue cheese. Or Italian.
- If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip, who would you pick?
Hmmmm. Michelle Obama. Although I don’t usually talk to my seatmate when I’m flying.
- Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
Yes, but I find I always regret it later – hence my last post.
- If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper, what would it be?
Hmmmm, I don’t actually lose my temper often. I get irritable when people don’t do what they say they’re going to do and then expect me to make up for it.
- Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken. When I was young and married to my first husband – he was a photographer, and took several series of pictures of me that were really good.
- Have you ever gone skinny-dipping and where?
I have in a pool, many years ago in my youth.
- What do you like on your pizza? What don’t you like on your pizza?
I don’t like pepperoni or sausage. I like mushrooms, ham, pineapple, artichokes, and anchovies, but not necessarily all at the same time.